Sunday 12 April 2015

No More Crisps

I have not posted in a few days as I have been away visiting a friend in Norfolk. I had a lovely few days. I have had a lovely few days but on my return I was a bit upset to find I had gained 2lb. I cannot be completely surprised considering we probably ate about 2lb of crisps, chocolate and garlic bread! Anyway I have decided that really I need to be more careful about what I eat - after all it is not just myself that I am affecting anymore. 

Before I became pregnant I was classed as being overweight, with a BMI of 28. I managed to find a calculator that takes into account your starting weight and gives you the healthy weight range for each week of pregnancy. The idea being that the more you weigh to start with the less you should gain overall. Putting in my details I did find that I was still within the 'healthy range' - having gained 9lb at 18 weeks pregnant. However, as you can see from the chart below I am right at the top of where I should be and I know a few more days of eating badly could push me over the edge! 



I calculated that if I can keep my weight stable for the next two weeks the little pink dot will move back into the centre of the green zone which I would feel much more comfortable with. I am not going to go on a drastic diet - just cut out the junk food and plan my meals better. I am really hoping I can stick to it, I will report back in 2 weeks. 

For those that are interested the above calculator can be found here: http://www.direct2mum.co.uk/WebPages/weight-gain-calculator


No comments:

Post a Comment